Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Destiny or choice?

I sometimes ask myself this question... "Are our lives determined by fate or the decisions we make?". Don't you ever wonder how differently things would have turned out if you made a different choice when faced with a decision, took a wrong turn or missed the train (just like Gwyneth Paltrow's character in "Sliding Doors"*)?
I read about how my beloved "Star Wars" came to live on reel. The only reason George decided to make "Star Wars: A New Hope" was because he could not get the rights to make a movie about "Flash Gordon". Imagine if things were different, he might not had the same success with "Flash Gordon" and he wouldn't be the !@#$%^&*() rich bugger he is now.
The debate rages on.

* One of my favourite movies of all time!!! Strongly recommended that you watch it if you haven't.

No comments: