Thursday, July 12, 2007

New 7 Wonders

The results are out... the new 7 Wonders of the World has been announced. The winners are The Great Wall of China, Petra, Christ the Redeemer, Machu Picchu, Chichen Itza, The Colosseum, The Taj Mahal. Damn!!! I've only seen one... The Colosseum. I've always wanted to see Cristo Redentor*. My next trip might just be Rio De Janeiro :p
I'm shocked that the Pyramids, Statues of Easter Island and Stonehenge didn't make it into the list.
*Christ the Redeemer in Portuguese. Amazing picture taken by my idol, Yann Arthus-Bertrand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually hor, the pyramids of giza is (or is it are?) some kind of honorary 7 wonders candidate, thus cannot vote....

it is an original wonder, so i guess, it doesn't seem right to include it in the new 7 wonders.

nephos said...

Oh is it? Means I didn't read the website correctly *sheepish look* Hehe.