Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Phuket

Stayed at Laguna Holiday Club for the past three days. A sample of pictures from LHC and the surrounding resorts.

Activities over the three days. Being Singaporean, there would definitely be eating involved rite? We had tenderloin and white cod on hot stones. Found out from the waitress that they heat the stone up for 9 hours before serving. Tasted local Dim Sum but their local version means basically different variations of "Siew Mai"... they had yellow ones, greens ones, fried ones... you get the idea. Had Jap sashimi and Maki. Had a leisurely walk through the Old Phuket Town. Rested in a cafe called "Kopi De Phuket" and had thick Iced Cappuccino. Ronald and I. Had a chance to walk through a local market. Didn't dare to eat food from roadside and market stalls though.

Overall it was a good trip with a nice room and everything. The only two downsides were the heavy downpour on our first night and the 1.5 hour delay of our flight back to Singapore.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

roadside food are always the yummiest! :D

nephos said...

I was worried that I would get a tummy ache and not enjoy my holiday so I decided against taking the risk. I think your stomach is hardened from eating there the past 1.5 years.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics. And I agree - roadside food is the yummiest! That last pic reminds me of home.