Friday, January 05, 2007

People are amazing

People never cease to amaze me... we often see the ugliness in people but there are rare instances where they display their good nature. What I saw this morning restored my faith in people.
There is a homeless man who sleeps at the sheltered common area close to my block every night. I pass by his prone body every morning when I make my way to work but never bothered giving him a second glance.
This morning I passed the same man but he had a companion this time. My teenage neighbour who lives in the same block as I do was talking to him. How many people actually took the time to stop and talk to this man? I can confidently say zero before today. What do I know about this man and his background? Nothing. People nowadays are oblivious to their surroundings or knowingly choose to ignore others around them. Kudos goes out to my neighbour.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so when are you going to display your good nature??? :)

nephos said...

Good question. I'm not really a sociable person especially with strangers.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps one day you will develop the good nature towards stranger. Well at least you are good to those you know. I can testify to it. : )