Sunday, January 07, 2007

Afternoon stroll

Its unusual that I'm outside of my home on Saturdays but I was this Saturday because I had to collect my new I/C. It was a wonderful sunny afternoon... not blistering hot. Was admiring sights of wonderful clouds, Cavanagh bridge with the city in the background, UOB building, Asian Civilisation Museum, Victoria Theatre, good ole Raffles and the old Supreme Court.

Raffles... good chap who started the whole ball rolling. He had a right hand man, Farquhar, whom assisted him in managing Singapore. Read recently in the newspapers about how this chap had a painting of Farquhar in his home but knew nothing about who this person was, his background and how important this man was to the history of Singapore except for the fact that Farquhar was some distant ancestor. Amazing!

No comments: