Thursday, May 25, 2006

Miscellaneous stuff

Was waiting to cross the traffic light at Raffles Place yesterday. Heard a group of ladies speaking Singlish behind me and turned around to have a look. Turns out that this Ang Moh lady was one of them speaking Singlish. I was pleasantly surprised and found that refreshing because it wasn't one of those forced attempts or "Haha... I want to make fun of you Singaporeans" insults. Her Singlish sounded very natural. Kudos to her for fully assimilating with Singaporeans instead of trying to get Singaporeans to change just for her. Thank you.
On a separate note, my company made the headlines in the news yesterday for retrenching thousands of people. Today, they sent a PR email advertising the fact that an employee won a model worker award from PM Lee earlier this month during the Labour Day ceremony. My colleague's response in jest... "how come they never broadcast the news of the retrenchment exercise also ah?".
Dun u just hate it when a surprise is ruined? The Sushiman's fren SMS'd him who the winner of American Idol was earlier today. He was pretty cheesed off... reminds me of the time when I watched "The Sixth Sense" and my fren revealed the twist within the beginning 5 mins of the movie. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Keep the suspense to yourselves people!!!

No comments: