Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Face off

Its been awhile since I featured a story involving "The Sushiman"*. He was talking about how some Ang Mohs have a very high opinion of themselves and do not display humility.
Here is an incident he encountered recently.
I was in the post office the other day and this American oldish guy was at the top of the queue. He didn't see the LED counter flashing for the next available counter so the woman behind him pointed it out to him. He got all annoyed and started shrieking at the top of his voice what good the counter did anyone. (Apparently there was someone still at the counter that was supposed to be free). I was third in the queue. I got so annoyed with this guy that I shouted to him to "just pay up and do your business". All the other Singaporeans in the queue were surprised. I commented to the lady at the top of the queue that he was giving Ang Mohs a bad name and she smiled. So you see we have our own troubles as individuals just surviving in a foreign city without having stereotypes even though we are all branded by idiots like that guy in the post office.

* Did I mention that TSM is an Ang Moh?

No comments: