Monday, October 02, 2006

Bad luck

I have atrocious luck when it comes to buying things. I end up purchasing something that is faulty or breaks very quickly. The previous example was my Razer mouse which I couldn't click the left mouse button within 6 months of using it. Lucky thing that I managed to get a replacement unit.
The most recent example is the spanking new wireless gateway that I bought. No no no... it does as advertised but the flaming power adaptor gave out a strange loud humming sound when the power is on. Scary!!! Anyways... I had the whole set replaced and my gateway is now operational. I'm blogging using my secured wireless network at the moment. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicce!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your wireless gateway looks impressive and very high tech. I have recently installed wireless internet access at home too so that my sister can have internet access for her laptop while I use my desktop. Starhub gave me free wireless router. I bet my wireless is not as secured as yours. You the expert. : )

nephos said...

Wireless requires effort to secure because unlike wired networks where a physical connection is needed, wireless can be accessed from anywhere within the wireless range. You never know if your neighbour is eating up your bandwidth or sniffing around your private network.
No worries!!! I will be writing a document on how to secure your wireless network when I have some free time. I planned to write one anyways.