Sunday, September 06, 2009

What is it with female dentists?

Is the word "Sucker" tattooed in my mouth? It seems that all female dentists think I'm a fool that can be taken for a ride. I used to patronise the dentist at NTUC Denticare and she CONvinced me that my Amalgam fillings were poisonous and that I should replace all of them with Fluoride ones. I was later told that what the lady told me was a myth.
Yesterday, I visited Glory Dental for the first time. The female dentist who took my case started trying to sell me all sorts of expensive treatments. She hinted that I should get braces to correct my Buck teeth. She also recommended I get an expensive mouth guard to wear to sleep because I grind my teeth when I sleep.
WTF. I don't print money ok?

4 comments:

jOs said...

HA... I know I shouldn't be discriminating women in their professions as I'm one myself. But I also had a similar experience with a female dentist in a polyclinic years ago. She literally created a cavity between my two front-ish teeth and filled it up - I left with a feeling that she messed up. And that same filling fell out in that same year! Went to another male dentist and got it refilled - intact for over a decade now.

Silver Bullet said...

I hate it when supposed professionals who actually should be improving your well-being start to cheat you. You'd expect it from a car salesman or something, but when doctors or dentists get involved in such practices, it really gets annoying....

The Sleeping Dragon said...

there's a saying - be careful of those who bleed for 7 days and yet just don't die!

seems like the gender of this species are always the evil manipulator of people's wallet and mental well-being.

nephos said...

You said it!!! I have first hand experience.