Sunday, April 26, 2009

What happened to Boon Lay???

Was waiting for an eBay buyer at the MRT. The chap was late by 20 minutes so I had nothing better to do but twiddle my thumbs. While waiting, I noticed that Boon Lay was no longer listed on the LCD monitor at the station... instead it read "Joo Koon"??? WTH???
Sorry for the blurry pic but since when did SMRT extend the West line with 2 new stations (ie. Pioneer and Joo Koon)??? I read the news daily and everybody knows about the Circle line but where was the publicity about the West extension? I'm still confused.
My Googlefu led me to this press release. The Boon Lay Extension (BLE) commenced operations on 28 February 2009. Wah... talk about being oblivious.

2 comments:

nicthegeek said...

wah, and it takes yet another 2 months to get used to seeing Joo Koon instead of Boon Lay too

nephos said...

Tell me about it... I used to commute to Boon Lay on a daily basis last time while serving my NS.