Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Quote of the day

" The idea that Macs can't get viruses is simply absurd and I wanted to highlight that fact."
- Kevin
Finisterre, founder of security startup Digital Munition

I love this quote. This is a remark Kevin made (in an interview with SecurityFocus) in response to him writing three varients of a "proof-of-concept" worm that can infect Macs to prove his point.
Since I'm on this topic, Apple has just released patches to fix 20 security holes in Mac OS X and other bundled applications. Update your Macs people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got something against Macintosh? Seems you spend your time searching the Internet for Mac insecurities. You trying to prove something? Maybe you work for Microsoft.

nephos said...

Nope... firstly I don't work for M$. Secondly in case u didn't realise (becoz u haven't read my whole blog), I do publish M$ and other vendor vulns as well. The point of this exercise is to raise awareness amongst my non-IT friends (who have an unbelievably unshakable blind faith) that Mac OS X is not impregnable.