Sunday, March 07, 2010

Peranakan Museum

It was my first visit to the Peranakan Museum and I loved it. The Peranakan culture is fascinating and I learnt that the Peranakans are very detailed people. Hmmmm... maybe I should find a Peranakan GF. Haha.
On the way to the museum. Museum facade. Did you know that this was the original site of Tao Nan School?

Mosaic of Peranakans young and old. Can you spot Dick Lee? Mock-up of what a main hall of a typical Pernakan household would look like. "Patriarchs" Neo Swee Lin and Lim Kay Swee :p Portrait of a Peranakan man made of tortoise shell. Mock-up of a Peranakan house entrance. Wall sketch of old shophouses.

Inside of the museum. The famous Kebayas and other Peranakan items as well as fixtures on display.

Back outside the museum. Departing the museum.

Evidence of the heat wave that we are experiencing. My future second home.

1 comment:

Figo said...

what? 2nd home at within suntec city? :p