Saturday, October 31, 2009

"Switch on"

Attended a full day HR training today. Woke up feeling negative since it was a Saturday and I value my weekends. The trainer engaged was an external consultant. He preached about turning on a mental switch to be positive (ie. "switch on"). Was it coincidence or fate that I needed to hear this? The content he shared may not be rocket science but it had a profound effect on me. One of the quotes he shared was "to be unhappy is natural". This struck a cord with me as I have been very dispirited since March and I've struggled to be happy.
He showed numerous inspirational videos and this was one of them.

I have decided to do away with negative thoughts but focus on being happy and to help those that I care about. I shall no longer rant on my blog but have added a tag entitled "Positivity" to post about good things that I have done and what others have done for me.

1 comment:

The Sleeping Dragon said...

Best news I herd so far in a while! keep it up. Perhaps the saturday training is meant to be!

love the vid. Brought a smile to my face! :D