Friday, March 28, 2008

Road to the World Cup 2010

Do I consider myself an avid Singapore football supporter? Guess my dedication is self evident from the fact that I traveled all the way to Jalan Besar Stadium to buy tickets to Singapore's match against Lebanon the week before the match.

Mission accomplished.

Match day. Entry via the National Stadium's East entrance and watched the players warm up before kick-off. You can sneak a peek at the Singapore Flyer within the stadium.

Goooooooooooooooooooooal. Won 2-0 but only a disappointing 10,000+ turned up*. The atmosphere was pretty muted with the small turnout. I blame the FAS for not putting in more effort in promoting the game. Did I mention that Jamie Yeo smiled at me? :p She was there to film a segment for "Nokia Football Crazy"... RH said that I am delusional.


* The National Stadium can house 60,000 fanatics.

No comments: