Sunday, December 09, 2007

Rave reviews

I've heard so much about the Beach Boys' "Pet Sounds" album... it took me this long to get my hands on my own copy. Time named it into their top 100 all-time albums and Rolling Stones selected it 2nd in their own list. The Beatles also stated the influence it had on them. I'm currently listening to it... I will post my feelings about it when I've finished the album. but who am I kidding? I'm no music critic. My verdict? I would label the album evergreen. The album is easy on the ears and it is obvious that it's not from this century. Enjoyable nonetheless... just take the first track, "Wouldn't it be nice", for example... it is used in Cadbury's recent chocolate commercials and that's testament that the Beach Boys sound is still relevant in this era.

No comments: