Thursday, November 08, 2007

Kids are amazing

The potential in kids is limitless. I think parents' role in unleashing that limitless potential is imperative. I was often discouraged from chasing my dreams when I was young and I believe that prevented me from thinking big.
I was watching "The Ellen Degeneres Show" and Ellen interviewed this amazing 5 year old who is blind in one eye but knows how to play Golf even though he's never had lessons. He learnt how to use a driver, iron and putter from watching the Golf channel on cable.
There's also this fascinating 4 year old Hong Kong girl I saw on Star News Asia who is going to have her own photography showcase. She was given her first camera at 2 years old and now she uses a manual camera to take fascinating photographs.
Parents... a word of advice... nothing is impossible. Encourage your kids to dream and don't discourage them.

No comments: