Sunday, October 07, 2007

Warning

Microsoft Messenger for Mac provides this warning whenever you open up a conversation window.
"Never give out your password or credit card number in an instant message conversation. To help prevent infection by a computer virus or worm, never accept or open any file or link in an instant message until you verify its authenticity with the sender."
Good advice if you ask me. Wonder why the Windows version doesn't provide the same.

I tried to use Wireshark to capture messages I was sending to my friend via MSN but I couldn't find any clear text messages. Strange. I used Paros instead to proxy MSN traffic... lo and behold!!! I successfully captured clear text messages to my friend. Be careful what you text on Windows Live Messenger my friends. Encrypt your messages if you can.

No comments: