Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Unexcited

This year's European Championships hasn't gotten me feverish... I've subscribed for the cable channel and following the tournament but I'm not trembling with excitement. Is it because England did not qualify? Or is the root cause the retirement of my idols, FIgo and Zidane? I can't put my finger on it.
Ironically what is occupying my thoughts recently is the drama caused by Mark Hughes' departure. My personal favourite is Shearer to take over the reins at Blackburn but I'm surprised by Henning Berg's name being raised as a potential candidate in Blackburn's shortlist. Both candidates are Blackburn legends as a members of the championship winning team of 94-95. I can envision either one being welcomed with open arms by the Rovers fans. I am praying Steve "Disaster" McClaren is not hired. Please no... I don't need another Manchester United agent relegating my team.

No comments: