Sunday, May 04, 2008

Have you given up?

I saw this equation on cable TV.
Life - dreams = job

I think Singaporean youths are told to give up their dreams and be practical. We are not a nation of risk takers. I stopped dreaming since I was in Secondary School. I remember being inspired to be a professional Basketball player watching Magic Johnson when I was growing up. I used to practice diligently everyday. My parents told me to give up that dream because it would never happen. Wonder what could have happened if I had not listened to them? Of course, there was no Yao Ming in those days to convince them that Asians can get into the NBA.

2 comments:

Choomus said...

aye, I hear ye. That's why I'm trying so hard to make something of my life so I won't become a classic example of "See? Told you you should have done medicine/engineering/accountancy"...

nephos said...

Kudos to you.It takes a lot of courage and perseverance to pursue your dreams. You have my respect.