Saturday, August 12, 2006

Thank you for smoking

I appreciate the fact that the government is trying to make Singapore a better place for non-smokers. However, I disagree with the way that they went about it. They made it law that eateries be non-smoking areas but allowed owners to designate smoking areas. Take my favourite Ipoh Hor Fun stall as an example... they allocated a few tables as smoking tables but my beef with this arrangement is that the smoking tables are not at the corner of the coffee shop but in the middle of the entire row of tables. So there I was... sitting next to the smoking table with the guy puffing away and I was inhaling tons of smoke. Did I notice any difference before and after the new law? Nope!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha...buay song about that then tah pao lah!!! :)

nephos said...

Da bao not nice liao!!!