Saturday, July 29, 2006

Change

I'm adverse to change and not afraid to admit it. This is exactly the reason why I'm worried when I noticed that the local "Ma Ma shop" hasn't opened in awhile. I hope that its only because of the upgrading going on in my estate. This is the very same "Ma Ma shop" that I frequented every Sunday when I was a kid as my grandparents stayed on the 4th floor of that same block. I'm such a sentimental person.
I'm so relieved that my favourite Ipoh Hor Fun stall at River Valley is still around but age is catching up quickly on the Uncle who makes it... but he seems to have found an apprentice who prepared my portion today. Alas... the cozy bookshop at Great World got taken over and in its place is a swanky new bookstore called "Harris". I find the new one less personal.

No comments: