Tuesday, June 20, 2006

20062006

Today's date is unique in case you guys didn't realise. Anyways... had German sausage for lunch again but with an additional piece of pork loin and potatoes. Mmmmmmm.... wunderbar. The taxi broke down on CTE on the way back to the office. Poor Sushiman and I had to walk to the nearest exit to take another cab.

The sausages were the highlight of my day as I was brought down to Earth after lunch. I've been with my current company for more than a year but the company, culture and people continue to astonish me. An example is the fact that management forces us to organise recreational activities for ourselves and we have to fork out $$$ for these activities. Reminds me of the Army where things are frequently forced upon us.
Today, there was another event that shocked me. We have a fridge in our department but it has recently been declared illegal as it is not certified and has to be removed. Some brilliant guy comes up with the suggestion that we buy a certified one for S$200 and split the cost. That doesn't take the cake yet. The new fridge will become company property even though it is paid for by employees!!! WTF.... what bullshit. Who has heard of employees having to buy their own amenities like a fridge? And the item becoming company property? I'm still fuming mad and I cordially rejected to share the cost... I rather go without the !@#$%^&* fridge.

No comments: