Saturday, April 29, 2006

Underdog

Nobody loves an underdog more than me becoz I had to live with that same tag my whole life. The sports teams that I support, Blackburn being one of them, are usually underdogs and not perennial champions becoz I enjoy watching grit and determination. Grit and determination comes first before tradition and flair. I may suffer disappointment frequently but when they do trump the bigger, more talented and favoured teams to beat the odds, the feeling is unbelievable. I remembered being elated after watching Blackburn win the League cup against Tottenham in 2002 even though they were totally dominated but managed to grind out a result and hang on to lift the trophy.
The only exception would be the Lakers I guess but the reasons I support them is becoz of their tradition and I fell in love with them in the 80s when Magic used to play with them. But then again... they are the underdogs this year and nobody thinks that they can get past the Suns. Well we shall see... I love nothing more than the underdogs rising to the occasion. *smirks*
Latest update: The Lakers take game 3 to lead the series 2-1 against the Suns.

No comments: