Monday, December 19, 2005

Irritating

After two weeks of peace, I finally have a rant. Don't you find acquaintances who pretend to be interested and keep asking the same questions absolutely irritating!!! I have a real life example. There's this wanton mee auntie (located at Bukit Merah Central hawker centre) whom I have been patronising for years. Everytime I buy food from her, she askes me a series of questions that does not differ too much from the questions below.
Wanton mee auntie (WMA): "When is your sister coming back?"
Me: "Not sure."
WMA: "Is she still in Scotland? Still studying or working already?"
Me: "No, she's working in HK."
WMA: "Ohhhh. Working as a doctor ah?"
She can't even be bothered to remember my answers or remember that she's asked me the same questions before but yet keeps making me repeat myself every single time. It doesn't show her concern or interest at all!!! I rather she not bother.
Remember my rant about colleagues who don't talk to me? Well if they are as disinterested as this auntie... then I'm happy that they don't bug me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To show that I am entertaining you... I will laugh for you ..hahahaha