Thursday, November 24, 2005

Robbery

I would be naive to think that no crime ever happens in Singapore but I found it surreal witnessing the aftermath of a robbery having never seen it in Singapore*. There's this uncle who sells curry puff everyday outside Yio Chu Kang MRT and I pass him every morning on the way to my bus queue.
I was walking towards the bus queue yesterday morning when I saw this foreigner running away from the curry puff uncle and he was frantically trying to chase after him. The thief nearly got knocked down by a car while making his getaway. I couldn't decipher if it was curry puffs that he stole or $$. It would be sad if he risked his life and arrest for a few curry puffs (not that stealing $$ is excusable).

* Witnessed crime in Perth, Australia while studying.

No comments: